I posted this breaking item on Jeremy Corbyn to support a 2nd referendum here earlier:
Its been a valuable heads up, with the item getting a bit of a run now in media elsewhere. I am yet to see Bloomberg pick it up, when they do it should be an added boost for GBP.
The report was originally in the UK Times.
Adding a bit more detail now, via Times:
- Jeremy Corbyn will back a move today for Labour to change its Brexit policy and support a second referendum in all circumstances.
- The shadow cabinet is due to discuss the plan to make Labour’s stance decisively pro-Remain.
- A paper drawn up by Andrew Fisher, Mr Corbyn’s head of policy, recommends that Labour support a second referendum on any deal negotiated with Brussels.
- A senior Labour source confirmed that Mr Corbyn was endorsing the shift in policy, adding: “It is a moment.”
- Jeremy Corbyn is poised to back a major policy shift on Brexit that would see Labour support a second referendum in all circumstances, it has been reported.
- The Labour leader is understood to be ready to move the party towards a decisive pro-Remain stance following intensifying pressure from his own MPs, including his deputy Tom Watson.
- It comes as the shadow cabinet are due to meet on Wednesday to thrash out its position on Brexit. A paper has reportedly been drawn up by Andrew Fisher, Mr Corbyn’s head of policy, which recommends the party support a second referendum on any deal struck with Brussels.
- Mr Corbyn has previously indicated a second referendum has merely been an “option”