Over in Brexit land the news never stops – the focus right now is on who will win the leadership.
BJ is a front runner.
- wants to cut income tax for more than three million people
- would do so by increasing the threshold for the 40p rate to £80,000 if he becomes Prime Minister
- move is costed at around £9.6billion a year
- funded from the £26.6billion of “fiscal headroom” that is currently set aside by the Treasury for no-deal preparations
Also from BJ over the weekend:
- Wants to not pay the 39bn euro payment due to the EU ( dubbed the ‘Brexit bill’)