Major indices in Europe down on the week
The European shares are ending the week with gains, but levels are off the highs.
The provisional closes are showing:
- German Dax, up 0.55%
- France’s CAC, up 0.67%
- UK FTSE, up 0.63%
- Spain’s Ibex, up 0.7%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, +1.2%
For the week, the major indices are lower:
- German, -1.84%
- France, -2.3%
- UK, -1%
- Spain, -1.1%
- Italy, -3.5%
The 10 year benchmark yields are mixed with Germany, France and UK near unchanged. Spain, Italy and Portugal are seeing investors flowing into their debt instruments:
- S&P +3.77 points or 0.13% at 2825.80. The high reached 2841.36
- Nasdaq +18 points or 0.24% at7648. The high reached 7694.14
- Dow +72 points or 0.28% at 25562. The high reached 25670.81
In the US debt market, yields are near unchanged on the day:
A snapshot of other markets are showing:
- Spot gold is up $0.50 or 0.04% at $1284
- WIT crude oil is unchanged at $57.90 on the day
In the forex market, the NZD is the strongest while the USD is now the weakest.
The EURUSD, AUDUSD, and NZDUSD are trading near highs. The USDJPY and USDCHF are near lows. Below are the high and low ranges and changes of the major pairs.