The communique from the IMF’s International Monetary and Financial Committee
(the committee is the main advisory group for the IMF’s member countries).
The gist of it:
- Global economic growth expected to firm from 2020
- But the risks remain tilted to the downside
IMF cites risks:
- trade tensions
- policy uncertainty
- sharp tightening of financial conditions against a backdrop of limited policy space
- high debt levels
- heightened financial vulnerabilities
But, don’t lose sleep ’cause the governments are here to help, K:
- To protect the expansion, we will continue to mitigate risks, enhance resilience, and, if necessary, act promptly to shore up growth for the benefit of all
If you need a stiff drink after reading this, go right ahead – its 5 o’clock somewhere.