GBP the biggest loser
The GBP is going out weak as London/European traders exit for the day.
Looking at the changes and ranges charts above, the GBPUSD, EURGBP, GBPJPY, GBPCHF are all trading at low level extremes for the pound. The GBPAUD and GBPNZD are lower, but those pairs are also on the weak side.
The biggest mover is the GBPUSD which is 0.50% lower on the day (as a pair. The USD is stronger by 0.50% vs the GBP). The USD is the strongest currency at the snapshot near the close.
Other instruments near the close are showing:
- Spot gold little changed at -$0.10 or -0.01% at $1292.19
- WTI crude oil is up $0.52 or 0.81% at $62.60. There is a report on CNBC just now that White House is proposing an executive order in an attempt to boost pipeline construction and lower energy prices. The high for oil today reached $62.79. So we are still trading nearer that high level.
US stocks are higher:
- S&P index is up 10.82 points or 0.38% at 2890.24
- NASDAQ index is up 40.30 points or 0.51% at 7932.15
- Dow industrial average is up 29.8 points or 0.11% 26413