Shares see gains in the 1st quarter
The European shares are ending the session and week higher.
- German DAX, +0.76%
- France’s CAC, +0.87%
- UK’s FTSE, +0.71%
- Spain’s Ibex, +0.77%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, +0.97%
The quarterly change are also looking good:
- German DAX ends March flat but up 9.2% in Q1. That is the best since Q4 2016
- France’s CAC rose 13.0% in Q1. Best since Q1 2015
- UK’s FTSE ends Q1 up 8.3%
- Spain’s Ibex, +8.1% in Q1. That reverses a 18.4% tumble in the past 7 quarters
- Italy’s FTSE MIB is ending up near 16%
In the benchmark 10 year note sector today, yields are ending the session mixed/little changed. The German, Portugal and Italian yields are lower. The UK, France and Spain yields are higher.